Higher study in England (UK) for Bangladeshi Student

Higher study in England is going to be tougher day by day. There was no expense in England a couple of years ago. But today in most of the courses a tuition fee is included. Here a short analysis for higher study in England.

The Degrees are

1. Bachelor's degree
2. Master’s degree
3. MBA degree
4. Doctoral Degree
5. Higher National Diploma
6. Vocational Course
7. Certificates and diplomas, such as the Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), the Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip) & Postgraduate Certificate (PG Cert)

Semester Offer

1. Autumn semester: September to January.
2. Spring semester: January to June.

Requirements for Bachelor's Program

A. Academic
1. At least 12 years of education (HSC equivalent).

B. Language Proficiency
1. Higher National Diploma: 5.5 to 6.0 in IELTS
2. Foundation Degree: 5.5 to 6.0 in IELTS
3. Diploma of Higher Education: 5.5 to 6.0 in IELTS
4. Bachelor: 6.0 to 6.5 in IELTS

C. Course Length
1. Bachelor's Degree: usually takes 3 to 4 years of full-time study.
2. Law and Medicine degrees usually takes 5 years.
3. Architecture degrees take 7 years.

Requirements for Master's Program

A. Academic
1. At least 16 years of education.

B. Language Proficiency
1. Pre-master's: 5.0 to 5.5 in IELTS
2. PG Cert/PG Dip: 6.5 to 7.0 in IELTS
3. Master's degree: 6.5 to 7.0 in IELTS
7. MBA: 6.5 to 7.0 in IELTS
8. PhD: 6.5 to 7.0 in IELTS

C. Course Length
1. Master's Degree: Approx. 1 to 3 years of full-time study.
2. PhD Degree: Takes approx. 3 to 4 years of full time study.

Subjects for Bachelor's & Master's Program

Applied & Pure Sciences, Built & Natural Environment, Computing & Mathematical Science, Engineering & Technology, Health & Medicine, Humanities, Law, Business & Administrative Studies, Social Sciences & Communications, Travel, Tourism & Leisure, Creative Arts & Design, MBA, PRE-MASTER'S.


A. Tuition Fees in £
Foundation courses: £4,000 to £12,000 per year
Arts courses: £7,000 to £9,000 per year
Science courses: £7,500 to £12,000 per year
Clinical courses: £10,000 to £21,000 per year
MBA: £4,000 to more than £30,000 per year

B. Living & Other in £
1. Food / Household shopping £40 to £60 per week.
2. University Halls of Residence £80 to £100 per week.
3. Private Rented house £75 to £100 per week.
4. Public Transport £6 to £20 per week.
6. Books and Equipment £12 per week.
7. Entertainment £62 per week.

How to apply to the University

1. Check with the departments to see if there is a closing date for your application.
2. You should write directly to the Institution's Admission Office for detailed application information and forms.
3. You can also download application form from university website.
4. Some universities have an on-line application facility.
5. Admission Office will inform you about the documentation, translation, and visa requirements.
5. You should start at least one year in advance to compile the necessary information and documentation.
6. The decision of the institution is usually announced within approximately six to eight months of the application deadline.

Supporting Documents

1. Official English version of all educational documents including marks sheets.
2. Your school leaving certificate or diploma from a high school or (upper) secondary school .
2. Your marks sheet, which indicates the grading system of the institution .
3. The test score of a language test you have taken.
4. Copy of your passport.
7. Reference letter.
8. Please note that all copies must be certified by a public notary.

Other Information

A. Health Service
1. Students studying for more than six months can visit any National Health hospital or doctor for medical treatment, free of charge.
2. You may have to pay for any medication you are prescribed and dental treatment.

B. Working in UK
1. Students have to submit their passport that allows them to work part-time during the term up to 20 hours a week and and up to 36 hours per week during college/university holidays.
2. Full-time during the vacations.

C. Credit Transfer Facility
1. Students may apply for credit transfer program at undergraduate or postgraduate level in England.
2. The maximum amount of credit that may be granted normally is not greater than 50% of the course.
3. Most of the British universities consider minimum "B" grade for acceptance.
4. You have to submit the following documents to your target university:
a. Your application form for the Undergraduate or Postgraduate coursework program
b. Official copies of your academic transcript
c. Also include an official letter from head of the school/department of your university, from where you have already completed the courses.
d. Detailed course outlines (Official Copy) including subject descriptions, methods of teaching and assessment, reading lists, number of hours of teaching etc.
e. The academic level you are studying (e.g. First Year, Second Year etc.)
f. How many credits you have completed
g. An explanation of the grading system used at your institution.
h. Information on the total units of study requirement ( i.e. how many credits are required) for the completion of the degree.

D. Scholarships
1) There is a huge number of scholarship available on the International Scholarship Database of VarsityAdmission.COM site
2) Commonwealth Scholarship And Fellowship Plan
3) British Council Fellowship Programmes


Click to Add a New Comment

Post a Comment